Information Collected By AppleSTEM
User Provided Information: You may provide to AppleSTEM certain information by which someone could personally identify you such as your name, email or password, as well as information about yourself such as your employment or level of schooling by which someone could not personally identify you when participating in various activities on the AppleSTEM Site. This is all regarded as "Personal Data". In addition to providing us Personal Data directly, if you authorize us to do so, we may access the Personal Data that you have provided third party Internet sites and services (for example, Facebook, Twitter or Google) through the use of an application program interface.
Usage Data: As described in this section, we automatically collect certain information when you use the AppleSTEM Site ("Usage Data"). Usage Data includes the information that your web browser automatically sends to our servers whenever you visit. The Usage Data collected in our server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request. AppleSTEM reserves the right to use third party analytic software (for example, Google Analytics) to collect further Usage Data regarding the online usage patterns of our users. We may combine Usage Data with Personal Data in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user.
AppleSTEM’s Use of Information
- We may use your Personal Data and Usage Data (together, "User Information") to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the AppleSTEM and for related business purposes.
- We do not use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send you marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of important AppleSTEM Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- Your User Information is used to (a) improve the quality and design of the AppleSTEM site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends; (b) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the AppleSTEM Site; (c) provide custom, personalized content and information, (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; (e) track your uses of the AppleSTEM Site; and (f) for our other legitimate legal, business, and commercial reasons.
Information That AppleSTEM May Disclose
- You may, by using applicable sections of the AppleSTEM Site publicly share your User Information, including Personally Identifiable Information.
- At your request, we may provide your User Information to our partners ("Partners") that are integrated with the AppleSTEM Site. For example: (i) you may publish your graphs to your Facebook and Twitter feed through the use of the Partner's application program interface; and (ii) you may provide us feedback, suggestions and bug reports. Any such User Information is provided directly to the Partner and is subject to that Partner's policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of the Partners. We encourage you to learn about our Partners' privacy and security policies before directing us to provide them with your User Information.
- We share Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Usage Data (such as anonymous user usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with certain third-parties to assist such third parties in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality on the AppleSTEM Site.
- You may, of course, decline to submit Personally Identifiable Information through the AppleSTEM Site, in which case AppleSTEM may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your Personal Data and email preferences at any time by visiting your "Accounts" link.
AppleSTEM uses physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your User Information. Such safeguards include requesting a unique password to verify your identity before granting access to your account. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of User Information you transmit to AppleSTEM and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. Once AppleSTEM receives your User Information, reasonable efforts will be made to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
AppleSTEM expects the person registered to AppleSTEM Site primary account (“Parent Account”) to be an adult 18 years of age or older and expects the registrant of the Parent Account to be the parent or legal guardian of all people registered to any sub-accounts associated with the Parent Account (“Learner Account”) or to have permission of the parent or legal guardian of any non-custodial child for whom an account has been created through the said primary account . AppleSTEM also expects that the registrant of the Parent Account has full knowledge of and has allowed the entry of any personal information into each Learner Account associated with the Parent Account (first name, last name, PIN). If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not set up your own AppleSTEM Parent Account. Have a parent or legal guardian set up her or his own Parent Account and provide you with an associated Learner Account. If we learn that Personal Data of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the AppleSTEM Site other than the information used to access the AppleSTEM Site, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided Personal Data to us, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete your child's Personal Data from our systems.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users in preparation for or as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, assumption, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your User Information is treated, transferred, or used, and you consent to the transfer of your User Information to any third party successors or assigns.
If you wish to access, modify or have any dispute regarding your User Information, please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns as follows:
- ATTN: Privacy Agent
- 9224 Lowell Ave.
- Skokie, IL 60076
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org